Frequently Asked Questions
- Learner Drivers
- Drivers using the vehicle for carrying of passengers for hire or reward
- Using the vehicle for towing of any kind
- Driving with the following occupation Foreign Armed Forces, Entertainers, Sports professionals
- All drivers must be aged between 25 and 65 years of age with 2 years full driving experience. (Depending upon the vehicle grouping) Mpv's, Executive & Prestige vehicles are a minimum of 30 years of age and up to 65 years of age with a minimum of 5 years driving experience.
- All drivers must have held a full UK, European, or International Driving Licence for at least 2 years.
- There should be no more than 6 valid points on your Driving Licence, whilst we are able to hire to customers with some Driving Licence endorsements on their Licence; there are certain endorsements, which due to insurance restrictions will restrict our ability to supply a vehicle and this will result in your excess and deposit being increased.
- We can supply to customers who have up to 3 penalty points for speeding and we can also accommodate some road traffic offences.
- You can return your rental vehicle at any point throughout the rental period, however Elliotts Car and Van Hire do NOT offer any refund on unused rental days.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire advise all customers to book for the shortest period possible and then extend if required to avoid any disappointment.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire will do everything possible to supply a vehicle requested by the customer on every occasion, however vehicles are categorised by groups and if the exact vehicle is not available we supply similar alternative vehicle within the same group, or upgrade you for no extra charge.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire will try and contact any customer at the earliest possible chance to notify of this.
- Keys are chip coded and are costly & timely items to replace. If lost, you will be obliged to pay for a replacement, plus any associated transport costs in connection with the new key.
- Most importantly, you may be affected while you wait for the new key to be prepared and delivered. Please take good care of the Key.
Elliotts Car and Van Hire have the right to recover all costs from the method of payment you used when collecting the vehicle if we incur penalties for parking illegally, speeding, congestion zone charges etc, and there will also be an administration fee applicable on all occasions.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire work on an empty to empty basis, however in the circumstances that the vehicle provided does have fuel in then we ask that the when the hire concludes the fuel levels are the same.
- All fuel levels will be displayed on the rental agreement when you collect the vehicle and will be signed off on return. In event that the vehicle returns with less fuel then a fuel charge will apply.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire do not refund any unused fuel, so please bear this in mind when refuelling towards the end of the rental.
- If you require any assistance with this please feel free to contact our dedicated team who has the knowledge and experience to assist you in anyway.
- Our reservation team will be more than pleased to assist in any way possible with their wide range of experience within this industry.
- There is an excess on all vehicles supplied by Elliotts Car and Van Hire, this is to cover the cost of any damage, loss of use, or theft of the vehicle during the rental period.
- The excess is displayed on each individual vehicle on the booking page, as this does vary dependent upon the type and value of the vehicle.
- A reduction on the excess may be possible at the discretion of Elliotts car and Van hire and our insurers at an additional cost. Excess waivers are only available at the commencement of the hire and not after the start.
- In event of any of the above the full excess will be taken, and then after repairs etc have been valued the difference will be refunded if at all there is any difference.
- All personal items that are in the rental vehicle are at your own risk, as Elliotts Car and Van Hire will not accept any liability for these as Elliotts Cars does not cover loss or damage to possessions.
- We strongly recommend that you take out separate insurance cover to cater for this eventuality.
- Remember never leave valuables on show when leaving the car hire unattended.
Elliotts Car and Van Hire will ask you to pay a refundable deposit to cover any supplementary charges you may incur as part of your rental, e.g. damage, penalties, fuel etc.
- Unfortunately Elliotts Car and Van Hire cannot guarantee the make and model of your vehicle. However an alternative vehicle will be provided that is in the same category that you originally booked.
- If at any stage Elliotts Car and Van Hire cannot provide an alternative vehicle in the same category then we reserve the right to upgrade you to the next available standard car category and our reservations team will inform you immediately.
- All drivers must show their Current valid Driving Licence for inspection at time of vehicle collection.
- We may also be able to check your details with the DVLA direct if you have lost or misplaced your Driving Licence an additional charge of £5.00 will apply for this.
- Old style Paper Copy Only – must be produced and checked for any convictions or endorsements
- New Plastic Card and Paper Style – Both the plastic and paper counterpart must be viewed to check for any convictions or endorsements
- We must also see TWO other forms of identification these can be any of the below:
- Full Passport
- Household Utility Bill (Address to match Driving Licence address)
- Credit Card Statement (Address to match Driving Licence)
If the address displayed on your Drivers Licence is not that of your residential address you should be advised to update your details with the DVLA.
FOREIGN TRAVEL – we will happily issue a ‘Green Card’ for the following countries – you will need to provide at least 48 hours’ notice for this. Surcharges for European travel do apply, so please contact our reservation team direct, and they will be more than happy to provide a quotation.
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
It is possible to change or modify your reservation at any time subject to availability. We would appreciate it if you could contact our reservation staff on 0161 241 6800 or email@example.com at the earliest possible time, and we will advise if there is a cancellation or amendment fee that will apply.
- We accept all Major credit or debit cards excluding Solo cards.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire will under no circumstances accept any type of pre-paid cards, cash or cheque.
- All payment methods MUST be in the driver’s name.
- Elliotts Car and Van Hire do not accept AMEX.
- In order to keep our prices very low, Credit card payments may incurr a surcharge